Girls Code
A camp designed to teach girls 8-12 about coding and computational thinking
Why Girls Code
We wanted to provide the opportunity for girls to learn about coding from an early age. For them to realize that coding is fun and a great career path for those interested. We wanted to provide a way to get these girls engaged and excited about coding. Thus, Girls Code was born.
Girls Code provides an opportunity for girls ages 8 - 12 to learn, from professional coders, about coding. The girls also learn about computational thinking, ability to break down a large task into smaller steps, through various unplugged (not on the computer) activities.
What is Girls Code
Girls Code is an annual camp hosted at the InsideSales.com HQ in Provo, Utah, that lasts for four days. During these four days, girls, ages 8-12, learn about coding from employees and local volunteers. The girls spend 40% of their time coding on the computers utilizing code.org, Scratch, and Blockly as well as working directly with robots. The other 60% of the time, the girls participate in various unplugged (not on the computer) activities, that reinforce their understanding of coding.
Sample Agenda
Day 1
11:30 AM
Registration
12:00 PM
Lunch
Presentation
1:00 PM
Unplugged Activity
3:00 PM
Computer Coding
5:00 PM
Parent Pickup
Day 2
12:45 PM
Check-in
1:00 PM
Coding
2:30 PM
Snacks
Activity
3:00 PM
Unplugged Activity
5:00 PM
Parent Pickup
Day 3
12:45 PM
Check-in
1:00 PM
Coding
2:30 PM
Snacks
Activity
3:00 PM
Unplugged Activity
5:00 PM
Parent Pickup
Day 4
11:45 PM
Check-in
12:30 PM
Lunch with parent
1:00 PM
Coding
4:00 PM
Final Presentations
Certifications
5:00 PM
Goodbye
How To Be Involved With Girls Code
Girls Code is an annual camp hosted at the InsideSales.com HQ in Provo, Utah, that lasts for four days. During these four days, girls, ages 8-12, learn about coding from employees and local volunteers. The girls spend 40% of their time coding on the computers utilizing code.org, Scratch, and Blockly as well as working directly with robots. The other 60% of the time, the girls participate in various unplugged (not on the computer) activities, that reinforce their understanding of coding.
Sample Agenda
Day 1
11:30 AM
    Registration
12:00 PM
    Lunch
    Presentation
1:00 PM
    Unplugged Activity
3:00 PM
    Computer Coding
5:00 PM
    Parent Pickup
Day 2
12:45 PM
    Check-in
1:00 PM
    Coding
2:30 PM
    Snacks
    Activity
3:00 PM
    Unplugged Activity
5:00 PM
    Parent Pickup
Day 3
12:45 PM
    Check-in
1:00 PM
    Coding
2:30 PM
    Snacks
    Activity
3:00 PM
    Unplugged Activity
5:00 PM
    Parent Pickup
Day 4
11:45 PM
    Check-in
12:30 PM
    Lunch with parent
1:00 PM
    Coding
4:00 PM
    Final Presentations
    Certifications
5:00 PM
    Goodbye
Connect WIth Us
  •  Follow us on twitter
  •  Like us on Facebook
  •  Check out our videos on YouTube
Copyright 2017 All Rights Reserved
Powered By ClickFunnels.com